Your commitment is essential to making Briers North thrive, appreciate in value, and be a great place to live. Simply make one small dues payment per year. Also consider contributing some of your time for occasional tasks; volunteerism keeps our dues low and fosters community spirit.
What others will do for you in return:
Dues and volunteer time accomplish a lot on your behalf:
- Maintain accounts for utilities.
- Pay bills for water, electricity, grass/ shrub maintenance, flowers, and chemical treatment.
- Mow grass & blow lawn weekly.
- Trim shrubs and hedges as needed.
- Plant flowers in the spring and fall, and lay pine straw and mulch as needed..
- Weed and tidy flower beds throughout the year.
- Fertilize grass and treat weeds 6 times per year.
- Remove trees when they start to fail or get too big.
- Make ongoing repairs to drippers, pop-up spray heads, irrigation valves, valve boxes and plumbing.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, some small and some large, to address upgrades or restoration after city and county construction.
- Every fall, turn off the water and open drain valves. Every spring turn it on again and test for freeze damage. Reprogram the timers to synchronize with watering restrictions and changing landscaping.
- Run a spring campaign to collect dues. Organize flyers, e-mails, door-to-door visits, and telephone calls.
- Maintain a checking account and merchant account for the Briers North Landscape Fund to facilitate convenient on-line payments.
- Maintain the Briers North website, member directory, and member support platform.
Fun social activities:
These activities are self-supporting, independently organized, and are not funded by your dues. Your neighbors do the following, and more, to create great opportunities for enjoyment right on your doorstep:
- Organize a most enjoyable block party in late summer or early fall. Procure and arrange food, tables, chairs, grills, and games. Establish the schedule, promote the party, and facilitate registrations and payments.
- Support a Halloween evening that is simply amazing, and only because of the time invested to complement your incredible yard decorations with a traffic-free street and volunteer teams to make it smooth and safe. Arrange police assistance, informational signs, temporary fencing, lighting, volunteer teams, and other elements that make it enjoyable.
- Coordinate a very entertaining Progressive Dinner that starts with appetizers in one home, splits to several homes for the entree, and recombines in one final home for dessert!